IT Support Specialist
|November 16, 2018 - January 16, 2019|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Utilities Employees Credit Union|
Utilities Employees Credit Union (UECU) is seeking a full-time IT Support Specialist to provide technical assistance to credit union staff on computer hardware and software issues. This dedicated individual is also responsible for daily core operations.
- Work closely with staff to resolve problems relating to IT operations.
- Act as first responder to helpdesk requests by taking action or referring to another team member.
- Assist with maintaining server and workstation backups, log media and periodically verify the backup by restoring files.
- Assist with maintaining the company downtime and asset inventory logs.
- Complete and schedule software jobs and nightly processes on the core credit union membership software package and OpCon.
- Develop a working knowledge of the core and document retention systems. Perform testing, troubleshooting and research on these systems.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar or related position. Candidates should be a college or technical school graduate with emphasis on IT or computer science. Consideration will be given to equivalent work experience. A successful candidate will exhibit the following skills:
- A thorough knowledge of PC operation and configuration.
- A working knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies and MS-Office software.
- Detail oriented, organized, resourceful, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
UECU is a not-for-profit financial organization with over $1 billion in assets located in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. UECU has been ranked as one of the strongest credit unions in the nation for over two decades. Our mission is to help our members improve their financial wellness through superior individualized service and convenient, high quality products.
We offer a pleasant working environment with low employee turnover that promotes teamwork and individual growth, with a focus on our members, employees and community. Employees also enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer