|November 05, 2018 - January 31, 2019|
|Location:||El Paso, TX|
|Benefits:||Health Ins., Dental, Vision, Vacation, 11 Holidays, 401(k), Disability & Life Ins.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Since 1907, Elbeco Inc. has been a manufacturer of public safety uniforms for law enforcement, fire service, corrections officers, EMT\'s, transportation, postal workers and more. We are seeking a Sourcing Manager who will travel to our manufacturing partners to manage the work in progress production activities of our contractors.
Purpose of Position:
Manage the manufacturing and sourcing activities of Latin America and US contractors to ensure timely delivery of product and communications while quality standards are maintained to meet the Company’s service goals and objectives.
Manage Work-in-Progress (WIP) assigned to contractors.
Monitor production flow and maintain assigned WIP capacity units and delivery timeline.
Visit contractors on a regular basis to conduct on-site reviews. Review work in process to address & resolve manufacturing, production and delivery concerns.
Facilitate communication and flow of details between contractors and Elbeco associates & departments to timely resolve production issues.
Coordinate all pre-&-post production processes with contractors from raw material delivery to shipping of finished goods.
Negotiate vendor costing, quantity and lead times to favor the company.
Develop strong functional relationships with contractors.
Implement new sourcing projects and strategies as directed by VP of Sourcing to ensure continual improvement of sourcing objectives.
Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Six to Eight years’ experience with manufacturing processes & procedures in the Apparel industry, preferably in the Uniform manufacturing.
- Spanish/English - Bilingual.
- Able to travel frequently Domestically & Internationally
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, Outlook, PDF.
- Minimum education- 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks timely in a remote work environment.
- Strong administrative and follow-up skills.
- Interpersonal skills, able to work with multiple departments and personnel.
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task to track steps of all projects in process.