|June 01, 2018 - September 01, 2018|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Utilities Employees Credit Union|
Utilities Employees Credit Union (UECU) is seeking a full-time Accountant. This individual shares in the responsibility of producing accurate and timely financial information and reports to the Management and Board of the Credit Union, as well as other third parties including regulators and auditors.
- General ledger account analysis
- Reconciling and maintaining detail general ledger records
- Accounts Payable
- Serve as primary backup for the Accountant/Analyst.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of one year general accounting/finance experience. Experience in a financial institution is strongly preferred. A successful candidate will exhibit the following skills:
- Proficient reading, writing, grammar, organizational and mathematical skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with members and staff on all levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office applications, especially intermediate level skills in Excel including use of IF and VLOOKUP formulae, data filters, and creating charts/graphs.
- Proficient analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strives to achieve a high degree of accuracy.
UECU is a not-for-profit financial organization with over $1 billion in assets located in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. UECU has been ranked as one of the strongest credit unions in the nation for over two decades. Our mission is to help our members improve their financial wellness through superior individualized service and convenient, high quality products.
We offer a pleasant working environment with low employee turnover that promotes teamwork and individual growth, with a focus on our members, employees and community. Employees also enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer