|March 13, 2017 - May 13, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
WG America is looking for an General Accountant to handle general ledger and purchasing responsibilities. WG America is a family-owned business emphasizing exceptional customer service.
- Prepares, examines or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develops, implements, modifies and documents recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Computes sales taxes owed and prepares tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares purchase orders, solicits bid proposals and reviews requisitions for goods and services.
- Keeps records of in-stock items. Prepares and maintains records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures and goods used.
- Compiles, reviews and maintains data from contracts, PO's, requisitions and other documents to assess supply need
- Carries out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures. Develops and implements cycle count policy.
- Conducts physical inventory at year-end.
- Serves as back-up for payroll processing.
- Performs general office duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or General Business preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting and purchasing
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Accounting Software. Experience with ERP preferred
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment