|December 29, 2016 - April 30, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Berkshire Systems Group, Inc.|
BSGI is a locally-owned industry leader in fire and security integration. We are seeking an experienced Sprinkler Technician to perform programming and commissioning of new commercial systems, and troubleshoot / repair / inspect existing systems in our local service areas, based from our headquarters in Reading. We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or training.
We are seeking a Sprinkler Technician who will provide competent, high quality commissioning, inspection, maintenance and repair services to our customers.
- Travel to customer sites to install, inspect, repair and/or perform preventative maintenance to customer’s sprinkler systems .
- Follow all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and manufacturer and NFPA guidelines.
- Directly responsible for company assets, including but not limited to: service vehicle, parts inventory, tools, computer, smartphone and test equipment.
- Generate sales and product leads.
- Completes compliance and job-specific training, including NICET certification within 2 years of employment.
- Turn paperwork into Service Department Administrative Assistant
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent; 1-2 years of industry-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar/Gmail & Internet.
- Able to operate a smartphone.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with reading a multimeter, hand and power tools as well as basic industry technician tools.
- Able to read drawings and operating manuals with comprehension, and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and respond to after-hour service calls.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
- In-person attendance required.
- A basic electrical understanding.
- 2-year Associate’s degree in Engineering / Electronic / Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Technology
- 1-2 years of previous Sprinkler Technician experience a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.