|June 01, 2016 - March 31, 2017|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Competitive salary, paid time off and uniform allowance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Employer:||Reading Oral Surgery Group, LTD|
Reading Oral Surgery, Group, Ltd. has an immediate opening for a full-time Practice Nurse. Our practice offers an extensive range of services to address patients' Oral Surgery needs including the removal of Wisdom Teeth, Extractions and Exposure of Impacted teeth for Orthodontic Treatment, Dental Implants, and assessment and treatment of Oral Pathology.
This job has primary responsibility to assess patient health problems and needs, maintain accurate medical records, and administer nursing care for all practice patients. Job is primarily located in the Shillington, PA office, but may need to work in other locations as needed.
Job is considered full-time; however candidate understands hours each week may vary. Candidate must be available to work three days Monday through Friday, as determined by schedule and patient/doctor needs.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records and EMR notes.
- Record patient’s medical information and health histories.
- Assist with general and local anesthesia and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Assist doctor in all procedures, including maintaining airways and dispensing medications per doctor instructions.
- Provide patient care.
- Consult and coordinate with doctor for post-op instructions and appointments.
- Direct or supervise assistants as part of a team.
- Work in Recovery room to monitor all aspects of patient care, including making follow-up calls to patients and scheduling post-op appointments.
- Medical office equipment functions, which include sterilizing instruments, restocking supplies, making supplies, cleaning rooms, preparing medications.
- Perform x-ray duties, which include training staff members on how to take x-rays.
- Proficiency in keyboarding, with the ability to enter notes efficiently and accurately in EMR.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience
- LPN license minimum requirement
- X-ray certification preferred
- Knowledge of current medical technology in order to communicate with physicians, staff and patients
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software programs and excellent PC knowledge to work with proprietary systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills with ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people, both on a one-on-one basis and in meetings
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill or emotionally upset people.
- Ability to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations.